A UNIQUE ASSET
The circuit is in use all year round. Sarthe takes centre stage in the world of motorsport. According to National Geographic, the 24 Hours of Le Mans is the number one sporting event to attend, ahead of the football world cup, the Olympic games and the Superbowl.
The Grand Prix de France Moto held on the Bugatti circuit each spring is one of the best-attended motorcycling Grand Prix races in the world.
THE FINANCIAL IMPACT OF THE 24 HOURS OF LE MANS
- €111.5 million in turnover across the department
- 2,290 local permanent jobs
- The financial impact is equivalent to holding the Olympic Games here every 26 years.
Main improvements undertaken by the consortium of local authorities
• 2015 Porsche Curves and resurfacing of Bugatti
• 2013-2014 Arnage corner and access (lift, toilets, grandstands)
• 2014 Tertre Rouge Corner, resurfacing of pit straight, Chemin aux Bœufs gravel pit, Forest Esses
• 2013 Beauséjour campsite, protection of local residences
• 2011 Surface of the Mulsanne Straight
• 2011 New spectator area at Houx
• 2010 Spectator medical centre
• 2008 Renovation of “garage vert”
• 2008 Construction of the Welcome reception centre